Grandma’s view on Toys


Welcome to my Grandma’s View on toys our grandkids play with.  When my grandson was born eight years ago I spent time looking for specific toys – things he could reach for, hold, shake and make sounds. I remember a play gym I got for him that was made of bright vinyl mat with a folding arch that, once secured, stood perpendicularly to the mat and had colorful animals dangling that squeaked when the baby grabbed one of them. It provided entertainment and was great for travel as it was flat when folded.  

I guess I must be a “child at heart” as I have always been fascinated with toys.  I could spend hours at AFO Schwarz store in NYC.  So no surprise, my interest in age appropriate toys with focus on development and learning grew as my grandson grew.  Children love to explore their surroundings and experiment with new found knowledge.  I found the following statement to be so true -a gift of a stimulating, quality toys to children at a young age provides them with the tool they need to grow, thrive and learn.  Simple hardwood blocks and their open-ended construction provided children over generations with countless hours of fun playing with them in multiple ways.  Playing with blocks strengthens kids design, structure and engineering skills. 

Through educational toys such as puzzles and games children gain understanding of emotions, are introduced to spatial concepts, basic STEM skills, enhance their math and language skill and teamwork while having tons of fun at play. 
These toys motivate kids to learn more, explore possible solutions and stretch their abilities. 

Explore the selection of educational toys we have at LearningToyFun.com

Comments